Five Maples Development Communications is looking for a data processing specialist to join our Mail List Processing/Variable Data department.
Why you’ll like it here
You want to help mission-driven non-profits like schools, hospitals, environmental and social service agencies make the world a better place.
You’re intrigued by data and would love to master the complexities of cleaning, managing, and analyzing it.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment with support from a diplomatic team at a growing company.
A little about us
We are fundraising experts. Five Maples helps non-profits save time and raise more money by getting the right message to the right donor at the right time. Through physical direct mail and digital channels, our clients trust our best-practice advice and incredible detail to produce high-quality fundraising that works.
…Ok, enough about us.
Why you want to work here
You’ll become an expert, too.
The heart of direct mail is the data, and as a data processing specialist, you’re the data expert.
You’ll expand your skillset using specialized software for data management and variable data printing and mailing. You’ll learn the complex details of direct mail postal regulations and composing print files.
Haven’t done anything this specialized? Don’t worry! You’ll learn the ins and outs of In-Design, Mail Manager, Mail Shop, Smart Stream Designer, Excel, & Access.
Yes, you’ll have benefits.
Including paid time off starting at 2 weeks per year, 8 paid holidays, employer contribution of $513/month toward your choice among 10 different BlueCross BlueShield health insurance plans, a 401k plan with 25% company match and 100% vesting, and disability insurance.
Why you’ll be successful here
- You’ve got an eye for detail, you like process, and you love getting the work right.
- You can stay focused for extended periods.
- You get along well with others.
- You know correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling and you’re annoyingly good at spotting these types of errors on screen and on the page.
- You rapidly learn software applications on a desktop computer.
- You like improving processes and solving technical problems.
- You are willing to put in extra hours when needed to meet client deadlines. That’s mainly during our fall busy season when you’ll put in some paid overtime every week.
- And you might have some in-depth experience with Excel and Access that you’d like to build on.
A little more about us
We are conveniently located off exit 4 on Interstate 91 in Putney, VT
With over 100 clients throughout the Northeast, our non-profit business is growing by 15% per year.
Our client work typically starts with an analysis of previous fundraising results, followed by setting up an annual program of coordinated direct mail, email and social media for the year, and executing that plan through copywriting, design, printing and mailing.
We are constantly analyzing fundraising performance data which helps us offer clients the best advice to improve their results.
What to do next
Submit your resume to Cody Brown, Data Processing Manager, via Indeed.com.
After that, click the link below to take our 20-minute on-line qualification test. Resumes won’t be considered until the test is completed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- One location
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts